Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a sata minijet 4. One has a 1.0 tip,the other.a 1.4. Which one would be better for spotting in and cutting in door jambs. Are these good guns?thanks.Doug.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would think the 1.0 would be ok. I have one and it works great. The 1.4 might put out a little too much material.

I also have a Iawata LPH50 with the 1.0 nozzle. I think it sprays nicer than the Sata, and that says alot for me because I LOVe Sata guns.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have the 1.0 and only use the gun for spotting in chips and maybe a door jamb on occasion.
Does good with base and the clears for small areas.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barry do you think a 1.4 tip would to large for cutting in door jambs and spot painting.thanks

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I would think the bigger tip would be better if that was your plan, the tip I have is perfect for spotting in small areas and that is what I purchased it for
(reassembly screw-ups)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sata 1.2 SR tip

I actually have several Sata's from Mini 4's. RP clear gun and RP primer gun. Out of the mini tips. I like the 1.0 for jams and cut in. I like 1.4 tips for a strickly cleargun. I ;like the 1.2 Sr which is my most used gun. I do jams and cut in new panels. Spot repair on bumpers and panels. Also used it to paint 2 complete cars. Base and clear only, used my Finex FX 1000 to prime and seal the cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts