Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... so, I decided to swap the engine on the SL2 piece of crap. Anyone know if a 4A-GE (Toyota) or KA24DE (Nissan) engine would work with the car? Both of those would fit inside the engine compartment, but what else needs to be changed? Is it really worth it? Or selling the car is a better option?

·
Member - AMC/Rambler "guru"
1,847 Posts
All I can tell you is that the Saturn is a GM product. I don't even know if it uses the common GM four cylinder bolt pattern or something else! If it uses the common GM pattern you could swap a bigger four in, maybe a Quad 4 or whatever they called it last (EcoTec?). Heck, even a 2.8-3.4L V-6 would bolt to the trans.... might be a bit cramped but I bet it could be fitted in without too much trouble.

Other than that, get something you can mod easier or just get another car.

·
Old(s) Fart
6,014 Posts
KoTT said:
Ok... so, I decided to swap the engine on the SL2 piece of crap. Anyone know if a 4A-GE (Toyota) or KA24DE (Nissan) engine would work with the car? Both of those would fit inside the engine compartment, but what else needs to be changed? Is it really worth it? Or selling the car is a better option?
I don't know if your "Location: Ca" refers to California or Canada, but if you need to be emissions tested, any swap needs to be the same year or newer. Also, your Saturn should have at least a 2.0 liter engine. Why do you want to swap it for a 1.6 liter Toyota? The electronics would have cardiac arrest. Consider a later Ecotech if anything. By the time you are done, however, you would have been money ahead to just get a different car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.