Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am returning to my roots and first love of hot rodding. Currently I'm building a 1947 International KB2 flatbed pickup. The KB2 body is fitted to a 1992 Dakota chassis and was powered by a 3.9 magnum v6 with the overdrive automatic. After driving her for a year I just couldn't help but feel that there was something missing, the sound of a v8. It's been two years now since I tore her a part and installed a 305 Chevy (temporary) motor (there a 350 4bolt main sitting on a engine stand waiting to be built ). The transmission is a turbo 400. I driven her around the block but had only had run wiring to allow the motor to start and run. So I'm doing the wiring now. I've been in the automotive field for most my life, I'm retired now. I started working in a gas station when I was 15 and by 19 I was rebuilding engines, transmissions and rear ends. I grew up in the 60's drag racing thanks in part to my brother in-law and his best friend. At 19 I built a 55 Chevy B/HR AHRA rules powered by a 65 Z16 425 hp. 396 cu. in. with a super T10 4 speed. A truly beautiful car with Glass flip front end, glass doors, trunk and Plexiglas windows. Only ran her twice down the strip and had a for sale sign in the window. I was getting married.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts