Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow hotrodders, this is my first post from Down Under, Australia. I have a Small Block 400 Chev running entirely on LPG and am trying to get some serious horsepower from it. This is my first attempt at a chev engine and LPG fuel so it is a little experimental. Any responses welcome,

cheers

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
LPG

Only caution is on compression ratio..LPG is over 100 to about 112 octane..you will need stainless valves and hardened seats..as far as heads can and such the LPG engine will react like any engine if it van breath better you will get more power..of course I hope your system can be adjusted to allow more fuel flow to accomodate the increased airflow throght the engine..

There is absolutely no reason that I can think of to not do this sort of project..

Several people I know have converted to propane and have good results tho an older motor that is one that is worn a great deal will not like propane..:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there in down under, in holland almost all V8's run on lpg. it's easy and they hold. valves can be original and you can even run it with your standard valveseats (after '70's) In holland allmost all lpg systems are from IMPCO. now you can use that set of 13:1 domed racing pistons!! succes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts