Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a 305, i could have built a 350 with more power for around the same cost, but this was a learning experience, i wanted to learn to build the engine and make it run, without throwing tons of money into it, so i used stock 58cc heads that were milled down to 54 i believe

I used an intake manifold and carb off a 400 small block, i know its not a high performance intake and carb, but did it to anything for power being designed for a bigger engine? Bottom end is stock, 54 cc heads, performance cam

Cam specs:

Intake duration at 050: 234
Exhaust at 050: 244
Advertised intake duration: 303
Advertised exhaust duration: 313
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.487 int./0.508 exh.
LSA: 114

I built the engine last summer, it runs great and sounds great, there is just so much i don't know about it, i am looking for someone with a more experience than me to make some estimates for me:

About how much would the compression ratio increase from going to 54cc from 58?

What kind of power can i expect from it?

i have really learned a lot but i have to say alot of this is all fairly new to me

Thanks for the help in advance

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
you can do a LOT better for an intake and carb. what is your ignition timing set at? your cam is way too big but tuning it will help a lot still. So will headers and a larger stall.

Your cam really is WAY out of place though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i know that, what would you recommend for the intake?
Ignition timing was set at 16 degrees before at idle if i remember correctly
Yeah first time ordering one, but the engine ran great with it

I have a set of large headers and plan to upgrade the torque converter once i get the truck on the road and after i dyno it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts