Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 chevy silverado with a 350 that i switched to an edel 750 with dual flowmasters with turn downs it has beening running fine until the other day it sounded like one side of the exhaust was thuttering going down the road well today i had it running and it was popping through the carb a little but the driver side exhaust was blowing way harder than the pass. side. driver side will blow dirt and grass and pass side will barely move the grass. any ideas. is that normal for the exhaust. i even pulled the pass. side exhaust completely off and left just the header and still pushing out the same amount of air. driver side will move the skin on my hand. thanks

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Remove the passenger side valve cover and start the motor and let it idle. You're looking for rocker arms that move slightly or not at all compared to other rocker arms. Yes, it will splatter oil all over, but you can minimize the splatter with some cardboard bent into a U shape and held so that the oil hits the cardboard and runs back into the head.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok ill try that tomorrow if i get a chance and ill check the spark plugs also and let yall know. to me the driver side feels like its blowing to hard and the pass. side feels somewhat normal. but thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i checked the spark plugs earlier driver side was more black than anything on all 4 . pass side was more tan on all 4. i think it was number 3 or 5 that was black all the way around. im currently running bosch platinums. im gonna take the valve covers off tomorrow. any other ideas if the rockers check out ok. im running with a edelbrock torker intake and 1 inch spacer under carb. but its never made the noise that its making now. thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still nothing

i ran it a little bit without the valve covers couldnt really tell a difference between the rockers but there was one or two rods i couldnt turn. i may take the springs out to check the pressure on them. would the breather on the valve cover make a difference its on the driver side. could it be the driver side getting more gas make the plugs black and make the exhaust have more pressure and make the noise im hearing just wondering.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
done a compression test today and my numbers are
cyl# pressure
1 155
3 152
5 143
7 145
2 50
4 42
6 35
8 49
Now what could be wrong. Is it an exhaust leak or all my springs bad on the pass. side. That something I had happen to the compression tester between the time from the driver to pass. so I went back to the driver side and number #1 was still 155.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.