Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,
I need some help. I'm putting my motor back together and I am having some trouble lining up the alternator bracket. When bolted up the alternator is not against the bracket that bolts to the water pump and the intake manifold. It's about 3/8 of an inch away from the bracket. This doesn't seem right. The intake is not stock but the mounts were supposed to be the same. If anyone out there has any ideas I would greatly appreciate your input. I've been looking online for pics but still haven't located any; If anyone had a pic of what the bracket looks like properly installed I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Camaro2 said:
Hey Guys,
I need some help. I'm putting my motor back together and I am having some trouble lining up the alternator bracket. When bolted up the alternator is not against the bracket that bolts to the water pump and the intake manifold. It's about 3/8 of an inch away from the bracket. This doesn't seem right. The intake is not stock but the mounts were supposed to be the same. If anyone out there has any ideas I would greatly appreciate your input. I've been looking online for pics but still haven't located any; If anyone had a pic of what the bracket looks like properly installed I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Can you post some pics? I sold a set of headers to a guy and I was looking at his truck, he made some cool brackets out of stock steal for his altenator. I took a photo if you want to see them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.