Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it but I've been trying to put belts on an 84 camaro with a 383 in it and I have rubbed my head until I now need a hair transplant. HELP! The car has a long water pump, alternator on the passenger side, PS on the lower driver side with the AC compressor just above the PS. I've got hooker headers and had to customize the bracket for the AC that bolts to the exhaust. Perhaps I am trying to route the belts incorrectly because I can't get things to line up. Here is what I am trying now: alternator belt closest to the radiator, next the power steering belt running from the balancer to the water pump to the power steering, my next belt is the AC belt running from the PS to the AC. Is this correct and if so why in the heck can't I get it lined up? I can get the alternator and the PS belts lined up but not the AC. If anyone has pics, diagrams, or can guide me through this I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Been awhile....first belt to go on should be the P/S which goes from balancer to P/S only. Then the A/C belt which goes around the fan/crank pulley and P/S pulley.

Lastly the ALT belt which goes around the fan/crank pulley and ALT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.