Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of doing a SBC build. I have a 350 bored over .30, I went with a 2 valve relief float speed pro piston which put me at 10 to 1 compression with a 64 CC head, I have a set of modified Vortec heads ( the guides have beencut and I have a new springs that hold up to 575 lift, new guide plates and screw in studs, 202/160 valves, and heads have also been ported and polished). as far as the camshaft to goes I have a XE284 comp cam 507/510 lift 2300-6500 is the rpm range on that cam, I have full roller rocker arms 1.6 ratio from comp cam, new floating eagle rods 5.7 length, Shorty Hooker Headers 1 5/8 3 in collector with Flotec muffler, the crank has also been polished, I have a Holley 650 double pumper carburetor and rpm air gap intake.

the car is a 84 Z28 Camaro with 700r4 transmission with shift kit, vette servo, and I just purchased the 3000 stall for the transmission, for my rearend I have a 7.5 with 3.73 gears posi traction.
I am only going to drive the car once or twice a week, how much horsepower and torque do you think I will be putting out at the wheels? how well do you think this setup will work?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Maybe 325 hp to the wheels. hope the cam likes those springs. Who did the machine work on the valves?What is your deck height? Why did you use 1.6 rockers?did you use shorty headers for a particular reason?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
gave him the benefit of the doubt.Maybe mixed up which thread to post on.Only made 18 posts so far? Thanks for pointing that out,I too will monitor the flow

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with the 1.6 rocker arms an the shorty because I already had the from my last camaro build I just never got around to use then. The machine work was done at a shop atlanta ga they checked the valve to piston clarence it came up good.. I post in the wrong thread yesterday lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts