Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I need a little info on torque specs on a 400 sbc
I'm switching to head studs after finding a couple of bolt hole to water jacket cracks- {The curse of the 400}
Do I use the same ft lbs as head bolts and do I use the same tightening pattern/ I'm also now going to an aluminum head if it makes a difference and will different style head gaskets require different torque requirements

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
whiskers said:
Hi folks, I need a little info on torque specs on a 400 sbc
I'm switching to head studs after finding a couple of bolt hole to water jacket cracks- {The curse of the 400}
Do I use the same ft lbs as head bolts and do I use the same tightening pattern/ I'm also now going to an aluminum head if it makes a difference and will different style head gaskets require different torque requirements
You will need to follow the recommendations of the stud manufacturer. The head studs should come with this information. As far as the pattern, again, that info should come with the heads you choose (if bought new).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.