Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Known traffic menace
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this swap or heard of anyone doing it? Just wondering if it's possible without too much hacking on the car itself. The diesel engine just don't cut it, Barely gets out of it's own way :) . Thank in advance for any info you might have about this. Perry.

·
Registered
547 Posts
:pimp: It's an easy swap, seen 2 done, lots if room in the engine compartment, you will only need to fabricate engine and trans mounts. If you use an automatic and take it easy on the gas you can keep the independent swing axle rear end.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nitrousbutton if you go through with this swap I'd like to hear about it. My mom has a 78 300D - body is great, but the engine and transmission are money pits waiting to happen (in my opinion). It sure would be nice to throw a spare 307 or 305 and turbo 350 in that thing and never worry about it again.

·
Known traffic menace
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Koolaid ,,,,, :) , Decided I'm gonna do the swap. I'll let you know how it goes. Gotta get some cash to get a tranmission rebuild kit first and rebuild a tranny for it before I do anything, Then I'll get started on the swap itself, The more I look at it it doesn't look like it will be too hard to do TTYL,,Perry.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
i was going to do that swap into a 240d, didn't because to change sparkplugs, I would have needed to pull the motor, it would have been so tight, not to mention I would have had steering box clearence issues. but the 123 chassie is narrower than the 124's, should work good. SBF 302's fit in the 123 Chassie's better, I'v seen a couple of them, I just didn't have a 302 to spare.

·
Registered
547 Posts
:pimp: It may be some help, both swaps I saw used the MB radiator, 1 used an electric fan the other a shroud and a stock chevy fan, 1 used rams horn stock exhaust and the other headers from a 60's chevelle. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts