Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Want to put a SBC in my sons 86 Mustang 5.0.
The 302 that is in it went belly up. I was wondering
if any one knows where to get motor mounts for SBC
into a 86 Mustang.
Trained all 3 of my boys to be chevy. My oldest bought
this thing for $250 and in surprisingly good shape, but has
bearing noises and overheats.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Putting a SBC in a Mustang would be a total waste of a good Mustang. Keep your son's Ford all Ford. It will run better, be cheaper in the long run and most importantly of all, the Ford and Chevy guys won't laugh at him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are taking the 350 from a donor vehicle unbolt the lower mount from the frame.Remove the mustang mount from the frame.Put the chev mount back together and lower the engine into place.Put your distributor in place to check for clearance with the firewall.You want to be able to remove the distributor with the engine in the car.When you are happy with the placement weld the lower engine mount in place.
It's sort of like ketchup on eggs.People have different tastes.If your having fun with your kids why would it matter if it's not the right engine?

Good Luck,Robie

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
They make kits fo rthis conversion I think- its pretty common on race tracks. If it came with a 302 you're probably money ahead to just build a 302 or an engine on the same basic block design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.