Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an '82 Grand Prix in the local paper that's supposed to be pristine, but lacks an engine. I've got engines...boy do I!

I haven't looked at it yet and before I do I'd like to know the potential problems. I know the trans won't bolt up unless it's a dual pattern...never my luck. But I've got a couple 200R4s just collecting dust/dirt. What about engine mounts?

Ideas? Help?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I don't know the details and have never done this excatl swap but, I can't see it being difficult. Should be fairly straight forward and simple. At most you might have to swipe some frame mounts out of a similar year Monte Carlo and use the engine mounts form that application. The tranny crossemember will probably be fine, if not the Monte x-member should work.

Royce

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Royce,

Does the GP and the Monte share the same frame? If so, some of the stuff from my '86 El Camino might be put to good use.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My 81 GP came from the factory with a chev 267 (canadian model). The grand prix share the same frame with the monte carlo, regal, cutlass supreme, el camino, etc. These are G bodies. The swap should be really easy. Maybe just get motor mounts from a monte. X-member might be the same. Or an easy swap. Good luck,
dh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.