Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
Pulling my hair out here...I have a 67 Camaro RS, 350 SBC and I'm converting from an automatic to a 4 speed. I have a 10.5" (zoom #30005) clutch and pressure plate with a 168 tooth flywheel. What bell housing should I be using? GM part# if you have it. Everything I am finding is for a truck (mounted that and found that didn't work without a conversion plate (no interest)) or 153 tooth flywheel. VERY frustrated at this point to say the least...you guys are the best so I bring it to you! Any suggestions?

Thanks so much...

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Im not a GM casting number guy. However I will tell you that a GM Bellhousing for a car with a 4speed has a 4.75" dia register (middle hole). There are bellhousings out there for bigger clutches that had a 5"+ diameter hole.
If your bellhousing is the "11 inch clutch BH with 5 inch hole" I have an oversized front bearing retainer (the casting that the throwout bearing rides on), so you dont have to use the spacer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay...finding out some more info as I dig. It looks like I need a 3899621 model housing to work with my 168 tooth flywheel and accommodate the Muncie. I can also use a model 464697 if the ball stud is in the top location. Lower location will not work.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No great answer other than I already have a 168 tooth resurfaced flywheel now and will need to replace a bell housing (460486) that won't work for my application anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.