Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I confess to not knowing much about rocker ratios and related matter but am wanting to move to roller rockers on my SBC built with Edelbrock Peformer cam, manifold, and carb.

I am running s reworked 993 iron heads with dished pistons.

Am thinking of using the stamped rocker arms with the roller tips.
The stock ratio is 1:5. What would going to 1:6 do for me?

What size stud do I most likely have in these heads? 3/8 or 7/16?

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
The heads have 3/8 studs. Moving up to a 1.6 ratio rocker will raise the lift by .030, and the move the duration up by about a degree. Example, if the lift is given at .450 with a 1.5 ratio rocker, the 1.6 will make it .480.
However, make sure you use a quality name brand like Crane, Comp cams, isky, etc. the off shore brands like proform are a bit cheaper, but the quality is less and the ratio isn`t accurate, you get what you pay for. factory rockers are reliable but aren`t accurate either, they are given at 1.5, but there really around 1.4.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Don't waste your money with roller tip rocker arms, they wont give you any more HP, go full roller or stamped. DoubleVision is right, you get what you pay for. A lot of times the price difference isn't that much if you shop around.

If you go from 1.5 to full roller 1.6 you should get someting like 10-15hp.

One last note, I would never trust aluminum rocker arms on a street car, get a set of comp cams pro magnum roller rocker arms.

Jordon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.