Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok keep in mind I'm only 16 so if I sound like I don't know much that's why.WellI have a pretty fast 83 monte carlo&I meet a guy who had a nice el camino with a serpentine(sorry if I spelled that wrong)set up...Id like to know if they increase horse power &what excatly they do&are good for...thanx

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
The power gain they give isn`t much. They are used mostly because they look better, they are more reliable with easy installation.
If you want to go serpentine the best way to do so is to find the complete set up on a junk yard engine, You`ll need a power steering pump pulley puller with you. Also keep in mind the water pump is reverse rotation so it will have be changed. If your using a clutch fan, you`ll need a reverse rotation fan blade and clutch unit, both sold by Summit racing. You`ll need a newer style alternator and plug adapter, summit racing sales the adapter. If you can get the whole set up, have the brackets blasted so they look new, then clear coat them with a good clear coat. Clean all the accessories and paint them. In the end you`ll have a real nice looking system. Once I went serpentine I`ll never fool with V belts again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.