Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow... fat fingers....

I have the main wire from the battery to the battery post on the starter, also another wire on that post which runs from the starter to a terminal on the firewall, which i believe supplies the dash area with power. I have the wire on the "S" terminal that comes from the ignition. I have the wire on the "R" terminal which goes to the coil. i also have one EXTRA wire at the starter that i don't know what terminal it goes on or where it goes to. It the same size as the wire going to the coil - all the other wires are larger in size. Starter works correctly with ignition.

Just starting to work on this project - car has sat for over 5 years and currently have no spark at plug wires.

Any help or suggestions as to the wire at the starter is much appreciated. thanks

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
wow... fat fingers....

I have the main wire from the battery to the battery post on the starter, also another wire on that post which runs from the starter to a terminal on the firewall, which i believe supplies the dash area with power. I have the wire on the "S" terminal that comes from the ignition. I have the wire on the "R" terminal which goes to the coil. i also have one EXTRA wire at the starter that i don't know what terminal it goes on or where it goes to. It the same size as the wire going to the coil - all the other wires are larger in size. Starter works correctly with ignition.

Just starting to work on this project - car has sat for over 5 years and currently have no spark at plug wires.

Any help or suggestions as to the wire at the starter is much appreciated. thanks
There should be a purple wire to the neutral safety switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.