Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see the e-bay auction today before it got pulled. I mean they pulled it in about 2 hours. The ad looked so real I was ready to get the money(not). 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner in perfect restored condition...426 HEMI..$8,000. I knew it was too good to be true. They stated they needed money for a special reason and first come, first serve. There was 1 bid already placed. I read it over & over and sure enough, though alot better the spelling started to ring a bell. I wonder just how many of these cars on e-bay are for real? I'm concerend about even placing a bid anymore. What if they do miss one? ???????:nono:

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
I saw those cars on Ebay, there was a Shelby GT 350 for $11,000, a Boss 429 for $10,000 and there were more. I figured it was some kind of joke or a scam. I always remeber this old saying "If it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't true".

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scam

I'll give them credit on the Roadrunner. The ad stated if you bid without talking to the owner first your bid would be cancelled because they wanted to know it was going to a good owner. I'd say by the detailed pictures they have been to a show and took them and are now using them for their ad's. But the problem is being created to that if you do find a good buy you won't send any money untill you can see the car first.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
There are more and more of those ads. I immediatly foreward them to [email protected] and then send a message to the registered user. Usually they have a phone number or a different email address and have hijacked an honest users account. But they might also be intercepting the messages too. If you do contact them they will start in on how the car is in the United Kingdom and they will ship it over right away and give your money back if you aren't satisfied. I find it interesting to look into the sellers feedback and find they have only sold silk scarves or glass figurines up until now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.