Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Scot Talbert. I am currently a college student at Scott Community college, and am studying Physical therapy. I have always enjoyed working on cars, and have a couple of current ongoing projects. The first is a '94 dodge shadow with a 2.2L engine and 5-speed trans. Originally, it was a Missouri car, and has very little rust. The windows are tinted yellow. and the body is green. I have replaced the stock hood with a hood from the ES model, and have installed power windows. I also cut holes in the dash for the component tweeters, and have totally redone the suspension, replacing struts, shocks, rear coil springs, all four wheel bearings, brakes, etc. The clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, shifter link cables and clutch cable are new as well. It has a radiator from a 3.0 ES model, and rides on BF goodrich T/A tires wrapping American Racing 15X7 Rims. It is a daily driver, and has 170,000 miles (just turned last night), but you couldnt tell it by driving it. I have never had to do any major motor work other than a water pump and replacing the timing belt, and it gets about 28 mpg in the city. I will be posting pics and letting you guys know about my other project soon-- another 94 dodge shadow which I am about to rebuild the 3.0 Mits and hope to have on the road again by Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Your Shadow sounds like a nice ride.

I also own a 3.0 '93 ES as well as a 3.0 '94 ES. The '93 takes me to/from work daily while the '94 is an after work car.

My girlfriend drives a '94 2.5 Sundance.

What got us started on these great little cars was an '83 2.2 Charger I'd ressurected began rusting real bad. So I found a nice one-owner '89 Sundance Rs at my local Mopar dealer who made me a real good deal on the car.

Five months to the day after buying the car I get hit head-on by a woman not paying attention. Waiting on the cops, my Sundance gets rear-ended by a guy in a full size Dodge pickup. Lots of game playing by the two other auto insurances involved so I now have to look for another car. I find the '94 ES and buy it.

With no guidence from a lawyer I take the insurance check and buy the '93 ES.

If you don't already know, AllPar.com is a great site with lots of Shadow/Sundnace/Duster owners on the EEK board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts