Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions guys first i have a 95 firebird and wondered how good the seam sealer is the factory used. I"m stripping my car down and you think I should leave their seam sealer on or put on my duramix? And second question is some spots that you can see should I strip the sealer off and put on some metal to metal evercoat filler on the seams or will the sealer be the best bet?

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
First off, DON'T EVER fill seams with anything but seam sealer or weld them up if you will, but NO polyester (metal to metal, reg "bondo", NOTHING) filler.

There is a certain amount of movement at those seams they need something that is a little flexable.

3808 3M couldn't be found in my latest 3M catalog and the number is so small I figure that is out of production.

If you want the best, you want a 2K sealer, Duramix, 3M, SEM, Evercoat, Fusor, I don't care the brand they will all be very similar.

Be sure you get a SEAM SEALER, and not a "Self leveling" seam sealer which flows way too much for 99% of seams.

Here is a "Basics" I did on seam sealers that may be of help. Click here

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.