Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am about to mount some Subaru WRX seats in my 68 el camino. i was thinking of adding some 3 point harnesses but after reading their (sparco) disclaimer about how to mount the seat belts (greather than 45 degrees, or could cause serious spine injury in a accident) I am wondering if there are other methods to mounting something other than lap belts? such as a shoulder harness?

I am open to any and all ideas thanks!

if you have pictures thats great too!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guess I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but I just went through a similar situation with mine. I had a 4 point shoulder harness that went over the back of the seat and into the floor. I was told how dangerous this was and now I'm doing a full-on seat/floor replacement!

I'm using seats with an integrated shoulder belt out of a 2002 Cadillac Deville. They're really nice and comfy too! Theres a lot of GM seats out there with this type of belt if you're interested, but it sounds like you've already got your seats... I guess I'm not of much help!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
35pontiaccoupe said:
I guess I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but I just went through a similar situation with mine. I had a 4 point shoulder harness that went over the back of the seat and into the floor. I was told how dangerous this was and now I'm doing a full-on seat/floor replacement!

I'm using seats with an integrated shoulder belt out of a 2002 Cadillac Deville. They're really nice and comfy too! Theres a lot of GM seats out there with this type of belt if you're interested, but it sounds like you've already got your seats... I guess I'm not of much help!
I guess i was wondering if i can transplant some seat belts out of a 80's el camino and put them in my 68

·
Old(s) Fart
6,015 Posts
Doesn't your ElCo have factory shoulder belts already? All passenger cars were required to have front shoulder belts starting in 1968, though the ElCo may have been classified as a truck and excepted. Consider the shoulder belts and upper mounts from a 68 Chevelle.

·
Ask me, Cause I don't know
250 Posts
Some cars have the bolt hole(nut) already in the b pillar. Just remove the cover and look, if it does not have 3 way belts... I don't remember that far back. 65 did not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.