Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

Got my Holley 4150 mechanical secondaries on the car and I noticed that the secondary squirters are delayed from the primary. See the linked video.

Not sure how this is supposed to work. When I move the primary throttle the secondary starts to move a hairs breath later. When I move the secondary throttle shaft by hand, the squirters start almost immediately and there is no delay. So I think the issue is around the secondary throttle linkage. Not sure if this is correct or needs to be adjusted.

Note - I took the secondary throttle shaft out to replace the return spring with a stiffer one to cure the secondaries floating open after revving the motor. That seems to be fixed now. I don't remember how the secondary squirters reacted before the change. I feel like they operated in exact sequence with the primary squirters so that's what's got me wondering if I messed something up.

Thanks!

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,069 Posts
Looks fine from over here.
Make sure the pump cams(color and screw hole location) and arms are adjusted(.015 a WOT) and go with it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The secondary squirters will come in as the secondary throttle blades are opened. This can be adjusted by the cam that secondary accelerator pump moves on. This is also true of the primary accelerator pump as well. IMHO, a book such as this one is a great tool for adjusting a Holley.
7366 (1).jpg

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks fine from over here.
Make sure the pump cams(color and screw hole location) and arms are adjusted(.015 a WOT) and go with it.
Thanks! I just wasn't sure about the fact that the secondaries didn't start to open until the primaries were rotated a bit... I know there is an adjustable linkage for that but wasn't sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts