Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool:I been thinking lately about how far we have advanced as Hot rodders. since I was a 12 year old sitting in my 15 dollar 34Dodge Pickup ,dreaming about putting in a red ram and making her fly down the road.A long way and many rods later I find I still have those same dreams.Guess I am really still that 12 year old in my head at least.Between being grownup and 12 I am starting to think that is the meaning of being a hot rodder.Whats your definition? :cool:

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I'm not sure but walking through the woods or junkyards looking at old cars with my grandson makes me feel like a kid too...not only that ,its not uncommon for me to hear "when you gonna grow up"??? Especially from my wife...Or my kids when I get my grandkids in trouble ,mabee thats why the little kids always gravitate towards me,I'm just like them ,just older.even the girls love helping in the woodshop making bird houses and stuff I enjoy being around them we always laugh and make fun of each other.It's grown ups I have the most trouble with.Everythings new to kids even a can of fart spray and fake doggie doo,Well,its still funny to me anyways...

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
moontanker said:
:cool:I been thinking lately about how far we have advanced as Hot rodders. since I was a 12 year old sitting in my 15 dollar 34Dodge Pickup ,dreaming about putting in a red ram and making her fly down the road.A long way and many rods later I find I still have those same dreams.Guess I am really still that 12 year old in my head at least.Between being grownup and 12 I am starting to think that is the meaning of being a hot rodder.Whats your definition? :cool:

Yes it has advanced a lot.. :D On your Dreams..Never give up,And one day ''you'' will make them come true..I am Blessed that every dream I ever had came true...I live by: ''The only thing that holds you back in life is yourself''..I have always made a way...Good luck with your Dreams.. :thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
I still look for old cars wherever I go, I am up and down the state 7-8 months a year. I drove by a yard yesterday in the desert, Mojave area, the gate was open and there was a mess of old iron, looked like an older wrecking yard. It's fenced all the way around, looks abandoned (no shop or shack) maybe someones private collection. There were some 30's era cars visible, I'm going to see what I can find out about the place. All though I can't buy anymore at this time, I still like to look for friends that may buy.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
dinger said:
I'm going to see what I can find out about the place. All though I can't buy anymore at this time, I still like to look for friends that may buy.
Oh yeah, let the guy give you some killer price and tell us how you "can't buy anymore". :D

Brian

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup

We have advanced .I dragged in so cal and drove my 40 to the strip.It was a full shack flat head.That was 56 then in 86 I towed the 57 with my hardtop 57 to the strip.That 298R in the 327 cost more than the 40 complete.Yeah all my dreams came true also except going to Bonneville.Somehow isn't a big deal to forgo a dream.I didn't make the astronaut program either when I was in the Air Force,I never had a 100,thousand dollar hot rod,Nobody is really getting my point here.Or am I wrong.Dreams are okay and I still got them but I think that ,(leave it like they designed it to be) my Dads saying as I sat in my 34 at 12.Well I never ever drove anything I left alone.I thought 6 97's on a 265 was pretty normal .When I knew I wasnt going into space I saw I had limitations and they were set mostly by my skills and my abilities,Until I changed the formula I coulnt reach that dream and now that age ,old age has come knocking I see more clearly me at Bonny,Like Mickey Thomson running into the far end too far. i been around the Hot rod scene my goodness.I thought guys that buy rods were incapable of building them.I couldnt build an Indie car but I couldnt buy one either,I'd like one of Grana :cool: :cool: :cool: tellies cars but oh well I am sure having fun on this one.Glad I bored you guy.Anyone get what I'm saying?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.