Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using the self adj. bleeders do I put my drain hose (from Bleeder) into a little bit of fluid (as not to to have air) and when the wheel I'm bleeding is it fully bled when fluid is completely filled up my drain hose? Just making sure before I start, thanks, Dana

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Bleed untill there is no air bubbles.

Troy

·
Registered
676 Posts
DANA: I have self bleeders on all of my cars. I run a clear tubing into an empty old jar just to see fluid flow and prevent fluid from going all over. They sure are great for one man bleeding....DAVE

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave, thanks for info, Quick que. On the rear line,(I have a flex line) going to a stationary fitting to where my hard line attaches to it to connect. I am having a hard time sealing that thing right there, is there a fitting I can use to eliminate that junction> Probably not explaining it right. My hard line 1/4" steel is running back to the rear, to a stationary fitting then on the other side I've run my braided flex line to it. The part that is giving me fits is where my hard line attaches to it! Any suggestions thanks again, Dana. Great looking car Dave!

·
Registered
676 Posts
DANA: Those fittings are usually brass and it doesn't take much to strip the threads. I have used teflon tape which helps seal if threads are still good. You might have to get a new fitting because you don't want a leak. It Should not be hard to go to a NAPA store and find that fitting....GOOD LUCK....DAVE

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Teflon tape might be a quick fix, but it is just a bandaid. Brake fliid will desolve the tape.

Troy

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again. I found my trouble, I was connecting my hard line to my stationary fitting, (Horse shoe type clip) to hold in place and Because my stationary fitting was held firm, when I screwed my hard line into it, I thought I was all the way seated but I wasn't,Duh! Oh well I unhooked the horse shoe clamp which made both lines that come together very loose and when I tighted it up for the 89th time it tightend the way it was suppose to! Thanks for all the help, Dana

1 - 9 of 9 Posts