Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a serpentine setup from a early 90's pickup in my 57. It looks like the radiator will have to mount on the front side of the core support. Does anyone have any picture of this setup with the mechanical fan?

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
Check out my photo gallery there is one in there, it should be the first one. It might help. this is with the electric fans one in front not needed and one on the engine side needed. Cole

·
Registered
529 Posts
If I remember correctly, the radiator was in front of the radiator support for 6 cylinder cars, and behind the radiator support for V-8's.
Virtually all small block serpantine drive setups use the long water pump, but the original V-8's used short water pumps.
I think there's only about an inch difference between the two.
I don't think you'll have any problems mounting the radiator in front.... ;)
JA

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't know about horse collars. Is that a sheet metal spacer between the radiator support and the radiator? (I have one of those on my '64 El Camino)
If so, maybe you could just leave it out and mount the radiator directly to the radiator support and get the room you need.? :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.