Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever tried to put a serpentine setup on a 70 chevelle with a square power steering pump? if you have or know how to do it please steer me in the right direction. i have seen setups like march performance , but was told that i can take the pulleys of some 80's chevy trucks. marchperf.com

·
Registered
53 F100 Chevy EFI Powered, 92 Corvette convertible
33 Posts
just change your pump to a more modern one and have new hoses made (the modern pumps are metric and your box is not, so save the ends off your box and the new pump and have new hoses installed on the old fittings.) If you do this you can use a system off a truck or a camaro is a good choice. It will depend on what side your alternator is on. you can usually get a complete system off e-bay for around 150.00. If your heads have bolt holes tapped in them then you can use a factory system.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Getting a new P/S pump would be best. GM went to press on pullies in 73 (I think...) and they didn't change to metric fittings till 80. So start by looking for a 73-79 pump. Even if you go with a 80-up pump all you have to do is keep your old fitting off the back of your pump and swap it on.

You also might want to look at some of the chevy dealers. I think you can buy a complete GM made serp. setup including accessories for not to much.

http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/896/GM-Performance-Parts-Serpentine-Belt-Systems.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.