Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gave me the green light to purchase a sewing machine (she has some projects that she wants done) and I assembled the table and machine this weekend.

I purchased a new Consew 206RB-5 with a servo motor and have been running it with no thread at low speeds with a lot of oil to do a "break in".

So basically I have an oily mess that has started running smoother.

This is my first "industrial" machine and I was hoping to get some advice on how much oil to use and how often.

I will start the full adjustment this week, found some good videos on YouTube.

Appreciate the help in advance, Chris

·
Curmudgeon at Large
363 Posts
My old Pfaff has some oiling spots that are somewhat hidden. You should have a manual with your new Consew to show all the oiling spots.
As mentioned use the proper oil sparingly. I always run the machine on a piece of scrap material for a bit after oiling so I can catch any oil that may migrate down the presser foot or needle shaft.
After a while you'll become faamiliar with just how much & often you need to oil it.
Learn to keep the 'fluff' out of the bobbin hook assembly.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

I was going very heavy during the "break in" and was getting some dirty oil on the rag as I was wiping. The last few runs and everything is clean and the machine is running smoother. I will keep up with the lighter oiling. Bob, good comment on the cloth beforehand, I do have a bit that runs down the foot.

Now I need to get some projects done!

·
bentwings
2,608 Posts
I have an older Consew 226R . I don’t use it a lit anymore but when I do I always oil it before I start. I probably use way too much oil as it does get down in the catch pan. I also run a few test stitches to clear oil off the presser and left end of the machine.

I’m not skillful enough to run it full throttle and truth be told after sewing my finger I’m scared to.LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I have broken it in and only found one real issue, but was able to disassemble that area and clean it up. The machine rolls very smoothly now and I was able to set it. Really like the way it sews. Since the break in oil bath I have been using the one drop method and it seems to be working well. I will post my first small projects here once I get them covered.

Appreciate all the info. I think my next step will be getting a pulley system to slow it down.

·
Slow but willing learner
5,409 Posts
Thanks guys, I have broken it in and only found one real issue, but was able to disassemble that area and clean it up. The machine rolls very smoothly now and I was able to set it. Really like the way it sews. Since the break in oil bath I have been using the one drop method and it seems to be working well. I will post my first small projects here once I get them covered.

Appreciate all the info. I think my next step will be getting a pulley system to slow it down.
You will really like the servo motor. The SewQuiet is an excellent brand at an affordable price. DanTwoLakes has them on all three of his machines and I have one on mine. I am also very happy with mine.

John

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
That's what I am looking for, want to get a good routine. While running slowly I did see some dark oil I flushed from the machine but that has cleaned up.
It depends on how much you use the machine. I worked in a factory, and all the machines were oiled at the end of every shift. You don't need a lot, but it needs to be oiled where any red markings are on the holes in the machine case. Also, behind the cover on the left end of the machine, you will see placed with wicks that need to be oiled. USE SEWING MACHINE OIL, not regular 3 in one oil or something like WD-40. If you use anything else, you can stain the fabric you're working on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.