Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 406 small block with edelbrock victor jr heads and intake its in a 86 monte carlo with a 5 speed t5 traNS runs greaT real fast but car will not run at cruising speeds the car shakes and bucks till you give it more gas then it smoothes right out ive tried messing with carb jetting and power valves with no success also replaced spark plugs with plugs edelbrock recommends with no help there either . any advise ?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Could it be too much vacuum advance? Try diconecting the vacuum canister hose from the carb and plug the carb port, and test drive it. Easy to test.
If it helps, you can get a advance limiter from Summit made by Crane pretty cheap, and tune your vacuum adv. to your combo.
FWIW
ssmonty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took out 72 jets and put in 76s in primary and advanced the timing it made very little differance seemed to lose top end then i broke a starter so i backed off timing vacuum advance i havnt tried but will soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.