Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen or used a caddy trunk latch with a pull down motor for shaved door latches? The last time I saw shaved handles, the weather-strip was new and the door had to be slammed pretty hard to latch properly and when everything was aligned right for the door the popper wouldn't open it (you had to hit it with your hand when popping the latch. I have been thinking about trying this on my 59 Apache and last week I saw my friend close the trunk on his '91 DeVille and he gently pushed it down and the latch pulled it tight. Seemed like this would be cool...

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,460 Posts
the idea is worthy of looking at and i looked at it when i shaved the latches in my 58 truk
the mechanism is all plastic, one slam and the latch is pretty much destroyed
the task force trucks have decent latches, i went with new reproduction latches in my 58 and have never had a problem

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
If you plan to make any passes at the drag strip, make a way for a rescue person to get into the car. He or she will not be familiar with any non-oem door entry mechanism and the car could be on fire.

·
RedLine Stage 4 ZL1 650rwhp
1971 BB Chevelle
579 Posts
Ya what You Said :thumbup:

When I bought my current Prostreet Ranger NEITHER door would open when it got delivered. It took me and the driver of the transport truck A LOT of time to finally get one door open. Before I would even register the thing I fixed both solenoids and added a manual electric over ride button for the passenger side AND a mechanical manual cable release for the drivers side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts