Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i wonder where i could get shave kit for my s10's tailgate and for taillights cause i know there are out there cause i saw some other guy had them a while ago so i am shaving my truck and need to know where i could get them relatively inexpensive, couldnt get them on ebay.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Don't know who sells them, but if they are out there for the s-10's you can find it in the rag "Mini Truckin". Not up on that stuff anymore, but I'm sure you'll find it in there. If not all it is,is sheetmetal, pretty basic to do at home with a sheet of metal and a few clamps and a welder. Let me know if you need anymore help.

HK

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello, you could get the door solenoids out of a newer ford/chevy and mount them in side.To the tailgate rods. you will have to cut the rods to fit. once you have that done you can order a keyless entry system and wire it up . It works well Ive done several lowriders that way. JCWhitney has a good one and its cheap. Its made by Valiant 39.99. Its also very simple to hook up. There are also other company's out there you could get the system from. Dakota digital has some really nice ones. good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
For the tailgate shave kit, go with Sir Michaels. There kit comes with a handle relocator to mount the handle on the inside of your tailgate and it also comes with a filler plate to shave up the tailgate. The kit fits really well I just installed one on my S-10 about a week ago.

As for the tail light fillers go to www.fbimini.com. They sell filler plates to shave your tail lights. They will also do custom sheet matal work too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts