Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all im new here i been trying find info on it it the rails on top of the roof above the door i shaved my and not i got a gap on top of my door like 1" to 1 1/2" and my truck a 82 isuzu any help
thanks
vince

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Retype that again, this time do it slowly and proof read.

If by the interpretation of the car Gods above I understood what you tried to type. You tried to shave your drip rails off of a '82 Isuzu pickup and how instead of a smooth skin you have this incredibly large gap. If thats what you tried to type, I'm going to venture a hypothesis that your question is "What do I do to fix what I did?" correct?

Well, If all the above is correct its pretty simple. Go buy a sheet of matching guage sheetmetal, measure the area you want to fill, cut the sheetmetal to size and carefully weld in the patch panel after hand forming it to match the curvature of the cab. Look in the knowledge base article section for help on basic bodywork and patch panels.

Just because I'm curious to how you went from a drip rail to a 1-1.5" gap would you be so kind as to tell me how to went about this?

HK

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: Halloweenking ]</p>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi i do not know how it happen i did my buddy truck before and it wasnt like this and the drip rail hook to the roof but under the roof there a post it hard to explain but the gap may not be that big i didnt messure i took a guess u can look in the door but u say just fill it with metal
thanks
vince

1 - 4 of 4 Posts