Hot Rod Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
i too plan on doing this to my truck, a 57 Ford F100 and am having some trouble picturing this in my mind. i can't quite figure out how the actuator is held in place in the door. maybe i just need to get one of these actuators to play with so i can visualize it. if anyone has any picutes or general advice it would be greatly appreciated.
thank you,
hotrod66_57

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like this thread is kind of old but I'd like to dig it back up if that's ok with everyone :)

So if you put the latch on the body side, and the striker on the door, how do you open the door from inside the car? Do you have to use the remote? Since the door handle inside the car will no longer be hooked up either?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anyone have an picture tutorials to show the wielding process. I can wield but I am not a pro. How good do you have to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wolfeman said:
Looks like this thread is kind of old but I'd like to dig it back up if that's ok with everyone :)

So if you put the latch on the body side, and the striker on the door, how do you open the door from inside the car? Do you have to use the remote? Since the door handle inside the car will no longer be hooked up either?
Timely for me. :D

I am doing the door latches now. I am using bear claws with the latch on the body side VS the door. I did this so I could have a cable "emergency" release. The cable will be connected to a lock that comes out of its housing when unlocked. So what happens is the lock cylinder gets removed from the body along with the thin cable, just give a tug and she's unlocked.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts