Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after 6-8 hours of work here is my progress

Shaved power antenna.. repaiers all colision damage to rear,front quarter and door skin ground down all moulding mounts, repaired aluminum b pillar. sanded entire body and more with 180 dry... tomorrow is priming and prep fpr wetsanding and then a final masking...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Wow! That sounds more like 2 or 3 days work for me than 6-8 hrs! Keep us posted on the progress. What are you painting it with/color? I suggest you start a journal and show us the stuff there. That keeps it all in one place and is a much more useful reference.

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

its a really basic black pearl metallic and il use a hvlp gun. I have decided to have a silver pearl flake in my clearcoat..

Im doing this all at school and i have had a bit of help with the bondo and the body work... i used a slide hammer and a chunk of 2x4 i lost a bit of my hand too :(....

i finished the fibreglass on the antenna and the b pillar, and filed it so tomorrow it will be board sanded and then bondo'ed and then i will finally prime the few spaots that need it and then ill be ready to paint...

im finishing this asap since i plan on driving it in feb and then starting on my 53 merc in the semester change....

i will make a journal when i am done im just sorta busy for now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.