Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question on adjustment screw for TH350
I was able to turn the screw a little and it moved the shift point in the right direction but I'd like to do a little more but I couldn't easily turn the screw and didn't want to strip the head
Is there a lock nut or something which you need to loosen before adjusting? If so, what and where?
What kind of head is screw? a flat or phillips?
Thanks!
Ed

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
sabino56 said:
Just a quick question on adjustment screw for TH350
I was able to turn the screw a little and it moved the shift point in the right direction but I'd like to do a little more but I couldn't easily turn the screw and didn't want to strip the head
Is there a lock nut or something which you need to loosen before adjusting? If so, what and where?
What kind of head is screw? a flat or phillips?
Thanks!
Ed

flat type screw driver.

you can take a piece of wire like a coat hanger.......cut off a piece of wire, pound the wire end flat. FILE it into the shape of a screw driver and use that to adjust the screw inside the modulator nipple where the hose plugs onto.

:cool:

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
poncho62 said:
Which way do you turn the screw to up the shift point, Cros?

As you look at the nipple on the modulator , turn it clockwise.

this preloads the spring more.

I have turned the screw in so far that it unthreads. You can feel the screw skipping, then I backed it out 1 turn.

YMMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.