Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help please - new electronic ballast for T12 twin bulb flourescent light has wires reversed on one side. Where the black wire and white wire are supposed to be, instead, the 2 yellow wires are. Where the 2 yellow wires are supposed to be, the black wire and white wire are there.

Do I connect the 2 yellow wires to the power and neutral, treating them as if they were black and white, and connect the black and white wires to the lamps? Or, do I connect the 2 yellow wires to the lamps and the black and white to power and neutral.

Just noticed something else - on the old ballast the white is on top of the black and on the new, mixed up one, the black is on top of the white.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pugsy, didn't see your post - I took the old one apart, some black "stuff" broke, looks like carbon, anyway, I just peeked at the new one without breaking anything and can see the yellows are wired the same as the old so I'm going to assume the black and white are wired ok too. Can't see them, that's were the breakage occurred. Old one was made in Mexico, new one in China.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.