Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shop line epoxy primer is it any good and would you use it on you own car [ hot rod] thanks Dave

·
KING OF BONDO
809 Posts
The guys at my PPG jobber, told me it was basically relabeled omni.. I dont know, but it is an economy line that only the Platinum dealers can carry... I have not used any shopline

If it were mine, I would use southern poly urethanes... With it you are buying premium product but not rip off price... I have said this over and over... I have yet to send anyone to use SPI and them not be happy with it.. Thats a big statement...

Do a search here for SPI, or Southern Poly Urethanes
www.southernpolyurethanes.com
www.spi.forumup.org

If you want to find out about that product, the above links and name if used in the search button should provide you with more than enough to draw your own conclusion

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree with you on that one BK,

But why on earth would they re-label omni.. I hope they aren't doing that.. geesh. Isn't that horse already beaten dead... Better make sure I guess.

·
Registered
232 Posts
JP371 primer

Just finished spraying the Shop line JP371 epoxy primer on my 92 vette. I mixed it 4-1-1 and used it as a sealer as suggested by my local jobber! I like it! Will use it again. I like it better than any of the other sealers. My jobber told me that this was not Omni, that PPG acquired another product line and relabeled it! He is telling me that the Shop line stuff is a step above Omni but cheaper! I will be using the Shop line clear on this car. Will let you know what I think about it too. I hope that it flows out with less orange peel than the high solids Omni stuff!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts