Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 64 Chevelle has a 65 Chevelle front end and a LARGE pro street snorkel hood scoop on it that I want to change over to a cowl induction bolt on fiberglass hood. I have found the 2" cowl inductioin bolt on but not the 3" or 4". Does anyone have any ideas of who to contact or call? Is anyone running the 3" or 4" cowl induction Hood? How much does it block your view if any?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
I'm lookin' to learn.
92 Posts
I can tell you that my buddy has a 4" on his 63 Chev station wagon and wishes he could have used a 3"...it just wasn't available. The 2" cowl didn't provide enough clearance for the engine he stuffed into it so he had to go with the 4". He finds that the 4" does reduce visibility but he didn't have any choice, it was either hood with scoop or no hood (which he didn't like).
From what he's told me I'd recommend the lower height cowl hood if you can get away with it...unless that's the look you're after.

Choice still remains yours...it's your car :thumbup:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the look is part of it

I have a stock steel 65 hood and a glass hood to go with the glass front end on the 64 but I also have a 65 Chevelle that I want to put a cowl induction hood on too.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got a 4 inch outlaw from harwood. It blocks a little visibility but its ok. I liked it and was very pleased with the quality.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i got a 3 inch steel cowl hood scoop from this place. Was real happy with the packing and the sccop. I think this is the only mail order part i have gotten that was not damaged
steel scoops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts