Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some more header clearance! Oh man these headers are bent like crap. You think they could get it right for a second gen fbody with a chevy motor, I mean, comon, that has to be the most commonly ordered header in the world! lol, I think I may be able to solve the problem I'm having with some shorter spark plugs. Anybody know who has the shortest ones?!

Thanks in advance-

K

·
The Smell of Nitro in the morn
2,411 Posts
It would be good to know what Brand and # of plug you are using rite now, for proper reference to your needs.
How do they read on color ?
Some plugs come only in certain heat ranges.
It would be good to know which way you can go on heat range up / down to find a plug.
Glad to help with the rest of the info. :D :sweat:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
plugs

The autolite " AR" series of plugs are about as short as i have seen. They are about the same length as the accell plugs at about 1/2 the cost.

keith

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah George, you're a bada$$. Thanks a million for the help so far. Plugs read a little fouled, but then again my timing was off, octane was low and my fuel pressure was high, so its time for a "clean up, drive and start over."

The reason I asked this question is the only short plug I've found so far is the accel, and I'm really not fond of the brand. Whenever I do a google its teh only thing that pops up, just wonderin what others use-

K

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i changed to an angle plug head a couple of yrs. and ended up using two gaskets on each side and i got the exell shorties to begin with and found out the bosch i had to begin with were just a hair shorter.i haven't had any trouble with them either.i also insted of spring for the bucks they want for the wire protecters used rubber hose slit down the side and so far no problems.my motor is in a van though and everything is rediculously hard to get at.

·
The Smell of Nitro in the morn
2,411 Posts
I believe all Bosch plugs are short, and a very good brand.
I forgot are the reach on the ones you have.
What is the # of them for cross reference. :thumbup:

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
I use the accel shorty plug and it has worked alright for me .
These are alum raised runner d port angle plug heads. Had some trouble at first, call the header co. and they sent me a set of header flanges, I used a gasket on each side of it as a spacer, gained about 3/8 inch, saved my plug wires.

Troy

69 SS/RS full custom Camaro 98 ISCA Grand Champion
69 SS/RS BB Camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 SS Chevelle BB conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts