Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 49' Chevy sedan for $2500. My friends grandpa has it and said he'd sell it. Tho he did want to work on it.
Anyway Heres the Deal:
1. Its got no seats
2. Rusted floors in the front
3. OK Body
4. **ORIGINAL TRIM** all ok :thumbup:
5. No Engine, but he had one machined
6. No Tranny
7. UnderSide is a little rusted, not too bad tho.

well thats about it. i wanted a 39' chevy or whatever(brand dont matter to me), but i am really diggin this Car.

So what should i do, get the 49' or wait for a 39'?

:welcome:

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
pass on that one, no point in dumping money in a 4-door unless you're really bent on it. Wait. There will always be other cars.

Mike

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I will say wait.

When you find your 39 you'll have the money to buy it and fix it up if you keep saving until you find the car you want instead of getting side tracked with the 49.

Tazz

RAt Rods Rule!

·
members.shaw.ca/daltonboys
30 Posts
Seems a bit pricey for a 4 door I think. My son was looking at a '49 Sedan, one owner, motor needs a fuel pump and the rad re-installed, complete with original Visor and skirts all the trim there and in decent shape. needed front window all other glass intact and clear.$750.00 Canadian....thats about a buck fifty in the U.S. I think.

Keep in mind, if she's been sitting awhile in tall grass there will be more cancer than you can shake a stick at once you peek underneath

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
look in my gallery and you'll see a 1930'ish Chrysler that's just about in the same condition you describe the 49 and it's for $700.

Look around a bit more and I'm sure you'll find better deals. If you really like it and think it suits your needs/budget/time plan/style then go for it. But if your not too sure about it drop it. If you find the right one you'll know...

Mike

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well I would say like the song says, "Love the one you're with." You might be surprised at how much you like it. What you have been wanting all your life may not be quite what you thought it would be.

That however is more life talk than just car stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot guys, yeah i think im gonna pass on that one. Dont seem worth the effort to buy it. Thanx alot:thumbup:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Not true kid...they have 2dr sedans a well and with the 30's and 40's cars its sedans or roadsters not coupes.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha, nah thats ok, im looking for something specific. I'm actually looking for a 46-48 Plymouth sedan, doesnt matter if its 2dr or 4dr. My dad seems to think a 2dr is the way to go but i dont really care. if i get my hands on one it wont be original anyway, i got some plans that have to do with the doors.;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
TM454, hate to disagree, but 30's had Roadsters, COUPES, Cabriolets, 2dr. Sedans, and 4dr. Sedans,2dr. Convertibles, and 4dr. Convertibles. 40's had COUPES, 2dr. Sedans, 4dr. Sedans, and Convertibles.
Jack

·
members.shaw.ca/daltonboys
30 Posts
WoodsEdge said:
TM454, hate to disagree, but 30's had Roadsters, COUPES, Cabriolets, 2dr. Sedans, and 4dr. Sedans,2dr. Convertibles, and 4dr. Convertibles. 40's had COUPES, 2dr. Sedans, 4dr. Sedans, and Convertibles.
Jack
Took the words right out of my mouth Jack. Last time I looked my '38 Dodge was a business mans COUPE.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts