Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that I have the front discs on, and the back brakes arn't bad looking.. I know nothing about my master clyinder. I think it might be foriegn. It has a remote on it, and there is japanese writing around the center of the cap. I know that it is made by Bendix, but that is about all. The guy welded a plate on the frame to mount this, but i am not even sure which line goes where. There are three holes on it, but on one of them there are two lines comming from one port. There are to rubber hoses comming from the remote, but if you open it there is only one container for the fluid. Do you think I should look for another master?? Or should I just try to figure out what I have here?? Thanks..

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Figure out what you have.......It sounds like you have a master cyl with a remote reservoir.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two of them.. Problem is.. i can't find any information on it. I sent out pictures of it to Bendix, and a couple of power brake companies with out any responce from them. Right now with out the body on I can't really tell where a bracket should go, or should AI even keep the original brake pedal. There isn't any pad on it though I know that you can get them. You have any idea on where I can send a picture of this master to so that I might be able to no how to hook it up?? Thanks..

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know where I can go to have this master Cylinder to identify just what I have?? There has to be a site somewhere?? thanks..

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where can I post them?? I have sent some mail to M p Power brakes to see if they can help. Otherwise. I can't seem to find any information on it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured it out. I have a picture of the booster, and that other piece in my gallery..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Definately a remote res master. The other item labeled 'this came with it' is the porportioning valve/brake warning switch. It drives the brake warning light and usually has valving in it to balance front disc and rear drums.

I bet someone here will know what that particular power booster/MC unit is out of. Have you googled any of numbers from the tag on the booster?

Looks like a fun project.
-Stephen

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I wiped that tag off, and it is so flat I can't pick out all of the numbers on that tag. The only thing that comes out clear is the Bendix Master-Vac. I then went to the Bendix site. They sent me to the US. site. They in turn sent me to a locator. Went there and explained what I needed to know. Sent pictures. The whole thing. Couldn't help me, but would send the pictures to Bendix. Gee isn't that where I first started.. All I want to know is what it was on, and if parts are needed for it can i get them. I would also like to know how to hook it up.. Thanks..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts