Top job. By tomorrow they will be made in China. I will give you a top score on the one man brake bleeder.S10xGN said:Here are 2 that I made, the first is a "hole saw" for nylon carpet made from a 2" piece of 5/8" SS tubing with a washer welded to the end and a long bolt (cut off head and grind to a point) nutted tthrough the washer. I heat it up with a propane torch and use it to drill holes in carpet for seats, consoles, etc. Use the "point" to locate the saw through the carpet (into the bolt hole).
The second is a pressurized brake bleeder that uses ~ 30# of air pressure to force brake fluid through the lines, making brake bleeding a one man job. Use a large "C" clamp to hold 'er down.
Now that's downright creative! BTW, how's Dan doing on your interior? Haven't heard any progress reports...cboy said:Tool for sweeping bends in square tubing.
Talk about crude tools...this is the one I used for bending the ribs for the body of my roadster. The tool consists of a "form", 3/4" particle board cut to the inside shape I want the ribs. The form is then bolted to the side of the garage and a length of 1x1 tubing is then clamped to the top of the form. a come-a-long is then attached to the other end of the tubing and secured with a bolt to a garage stud. Then just crank.
Here's a shot of the "tool", a bunch of ribs that I bent with it, and a shot of how these ribs were used to form the rear section of my '31 roadster body. More info on the bending process can be seen here.
I have the job of removing the pins from a steering column connector plug on a 67 Mustang. The pins have barbs on the tips to prevent them from coming out so a small piece of steel was turned up on a lathe with a 2mm hole drilled through the centre. If you push the hollow steel tube into the plug and over the pin, the barb can be compressed and the wire can be withdrawn from the other side. You can also use the 2mm drill to insert into the tube and push out the pin if it is stubborn.crussell85 said:I just thought it would be cool to hear of peoples home made tools that worked to do the job, or even better if it worked better than the actual tool did.