Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting side pipes on the cdv. Maybe not in the imediate future, but sometime next year. I think being as the cdv is a mid 70s model the side pipes would give it sort of a period feel. I know they are not really in now, but i like the looks of them. And I figure it is all about making a car I like.

So what are your opinions or experiences with side pipes. I was thinking about the chromed shielded ones.

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
sorry for being a dummy, whats a cdv?

Personally I like the way side pipes look, adds a muscle look but some cars do look funky. Most look good :thumbup:

Have a good one
Abe

·
Banned
431 Posts
i think it would kind of look like an old 70's PIMP caddy.
of course if i were rebuilding that car, i'd be going for that look anyway...........pink, true spokes, wide whites, furry dash.... and when cruisin', wear a pink hat with a feather and have a fat cigar in yo mouf.

ya dig? :pimp:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I had sidepipes on my Gremlin.
I like em, but with being low and tubbed I decided it was a clearance issue, so Im going with regular pipes.
They look cool in my oppinion though. HG

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
The A Team van had side pipes.Are you going with side pipes are functional lake pipes.The lake pipe style would be sweet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love sidepipes. Just a warning. The front elbow will get blue in time. I used a wizzards metal polish and it took most of the blue away.

Then again, you may not have any problems. They got blue when we were pulling a 32' Stock Trailer. And I would assume the 460 puts off more heat than other blocks.

I say go for the chrome!!

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
cdv, oh BVD. are are.

i have a cdv in my "yard". check out my electrical post.

i was gonna say side pipes with anything is way cool, but i gotta say blechh on a caddy. sorry isnt that a 4 door anyway? maybe not, i've seen 2ds,..... that's two doors. or is that tudors?:mwink:

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
Wmarden, I haven't thought about Lakes pipes for a looong time but I loved them when they were popular. Now that you have sparked my memory bank or short circuited it would be more like it, I think I will put some on my Fleetline when I get her ready for the road. I think they will look and sound good but very different than most of them. I will be running a 250ci Chevy with a split manifold off a '79 Silverado. :drool: Goodbye 216.

Al

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm planning on putting lake pipe style pipes on my 53 Chevy 210 4-door. I will however let the pipes first route through a silencer on each side before returning to the front of the 'lake pipes'. BTW the car is getting a SBC 350 TBI.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I put a set of side pipes on my 53 Chevy 2dr sedan... They came off a 69 Chevelle and I had them stashed up in the rafters of my garage till I pulled them down and put them to use again!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
stuff'n things'n whatnot
356 Posts
RCastle said:
The A Team van had side pipes.Are you going with side pipes are functional lake pipes.The lake pipe style would be sweet.
Sweet van, yes. side pipes, not quite.

but sweet nonetheless:evil:

I think side pipes can look good on almost any vehicle if it matches the "theme" of the car ( the theme being-HEY!:welcome: look at me!-)

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Good God!Has it been that long since Ive seen that show???They need to put it back on TV so I dont keep forgetting things.Coulda swore that van had sidepipes!Somebody put some pipes on that van!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts