Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two recent threads: Barry Grant and Holly filing for bankruptcy, are signs of our times. Should be no surprise after several years of EFI on production autos. The demand for these products has eroded to the point of "economically unfeasible". Sort of like our country after years of "economically unfeasibility".

Trees

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
Yeah I`m a cave man. Part of a dying breed. Even so my truck has TBI on it I`m still a full carb guy. One of these years it`ll become a lost art. I can just see that now "How to tune the ultra mysterious carb!" will make full news.
That`s why I love Quadrajets so much, throttle response so sensitive you swear it`s fuel injected but unlike fuel injection when you put your foot to the floor it gives it all the flow it needs without choking it.
I do plan in the future to remove the TBI on my 4.3 V6 in my truck. I have a set of Vortec heads I plan to bolt on, no need to keep a choked up TBI when you can have a 4 barrel. It`ll prolly pick up 40 horses compared to the TBI and swirl port head junk it`s got on there now.
Even better I can see this also "Raiders of the lost carb art" That`ll have 4 Jaw Chucky acting as the hero "Holley Autolite"
On the cover will have chucky coming out of a old Junk yard with a autolite carb in his hands lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.