Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go. I have an 1989 Chevy Silverado Blazer...the big fullsize version and I have a project I want to try.

Right now it has a 350 in it, and It's dying fast. In the garage right now, I'm pulling the 305 out of my 1980 Camaro. What I want to do is rebuild the 305 for the blazer before the 350 dies. Then I want to spend my time, and save my money, to build a great 350 to go back in the blazer.

So here's the plan. First off, I'm going to rebuild the 305 from the ground up, right on down to boring, having it checked out, and tanking it, so I've got that covered.

What I want is around 300 hp out of the 305 and enough torque to pull an 18 ft. Stingray Ski-boat (250-325 ft lbs), and still get good gas mileage. Can it be done???

Oh yeah, and the engine is TBI so what do I need to do to the computer to get it to work right with the 305. Let's see what you guys can come up with.

Thanks,
Will

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
don't bother building the 305

Find another 350 and build that up instead. Don't waste your time and money or effort on a 305 if you have a choice and YOU DO have a choice so rethink your plan and buy a 350 and build that up the way your talking about building the 305. Sell the 305 and you'll have some cash to build your 350sbc... Everything from the intake will just be changed over and the exhaust and starter and everything...computer included will hook right back up to the NEW 350 thats hopped up! Sound like a plan?...its just my opinion of course, I don't mess with 305,283's,262's or 265sbc motors at all, its a waste of your time!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.