Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I "googled
this problem and cannot get a Free diagram ,let alone join another group to printout.Where can i obtain just this; circuit to start new sbc.I have motor manual, but shows nothing on =JUST= this circuit.FREE please thank you bob s

·
More for Less Racer
19,470 Posts
Ad is just showing up for you Bob, it isn't showing up for me. You've got a bug/virus or it is adware.

I use AdBlock(it's a free download) to block that ad crap from websites.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.... Is it how to run the engine without the MSD ignition box??
What distributor did you end up with??

If the distributor is the type that requires you to have a MSD box there is no easy hack way to run the engine without one.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Morning ! Ericnova! I have the MSD- o/s timing adjust {ready to run}.I have A bigger problem at the present .I bought this red starter in the pictures. In the ad....on ebay where i purchased it,. It said these little red starters -were made for 283-350- and the B/B.. And not the patience i had in my youth.The starter came with no instructions Period, Well....i got the small gear popping in and out/ as ,what it should But.............If you check out the face of this "little red headache". You see a row of holes in an arc...........middle hole is kinda dark, because that Must be, the adjustment that you loosen move ~~~~~and tighten it back up, gives one the correct pattern to hit the flywheel safely.I have this " breaking off of a Flywheel tooth stuck in my head.Share what you might or might not think on how to adjust this screw.any help is always good. bob s

PS I have had the motor reday to fire gauges etc all hooked up 50lbs of pressure. ready to go Starter for this 350s been some deal. Its a 69 4.bolt main 350 truck engine. It takes a z-28 starter if anyone reads this .It took 2 weeks fooling around to figure this deal out ,And only a late model Z-28 fits this 69.

Attachments

·
More for Less Racer
19,470 Posts
Bob, the bolt you have a question about, in the three pocket holes in the face of the starter nose block, are just there so you can tip the solenoid portion of the starter closer or farther away from either the block or to clear a header tube....it has nothing to do with starter gear clearance.

Starter drive gear to ring gear clearance is still adjusted just like a stock Chevy starter, with a flat shim between the starter and the block.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob, the bolt you have a question about, in the three pocket holes in the face of the starter nose block, are just there so you can tip the solenoid portion of the starter closer or farther away from either the block or to clear a header tube....it has nothing to do with starter gear clearance.

Starter drive gear to ring gear clearance is still adjusted just like a stock Chevy starter, with a flat shim between the starter and the block.

got it in Eric with your help and few others.just need to know i have the ign switch wired in, to fire the motor.Will the battery give voltage needed for the Distri to lite up the plugs, so they arc ?? Eric bob s

·
More for Less Racer
19,470 Posts
got it in Eric with your help and few others.just need to know i have the ign switch wired in, to fire the motor.Will the battery give voltage needed for the Distri to lite up the plugs, so they arc ?? Eric bob s
As long as the distributor is connected to 12V+, from either the ignition switch or a temporary wire from the battery 12V+ post it will fire the distributor.
Are you asking because there currently isn't an alternator wired up??
A fully charged battery will easily run the ignition for over 1 hour.

·
Huge Guns N Roses Fan
609 Posts
If your thinking of putting a test light on the coil just to check for voltage, don't. With MSD you won't see it. I'm somewhat familiar with MSD as i'm sure others are on here so if you run into any problems that you think is IGN/MSD related, it can be verified or resolved on here:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts