Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 98 Silverado with a 350 Vortec. What minor mods would boost hp, torque, and effeciency? I have a K/N air filter and duals(factory cats with duel 50 series df). Would putting a higher output coil be that noticable power difference? I'm not trying to get a quater of a second better in a quarter or anything, I just want some minor streetable power. I know easy hp is kind of an oxymoron, but any suggestions. Other than running nitrous, headers, swaping cams, porting heads or electric fans. Cheaper than a $300 mass air flow sensor. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well, you've already ruled out doing what's necessary to make more power.

You could check the factory air intake plumbing for any restrictions. Any unnecessary plastic sticking out on the inside of it that would upset incoming air. If possible get a razor knife and cut it off.

You really ought to reconsider using headers. That's a great way to get a noticeable power increase.

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Since you are running duals why not throw a set of headers on there? An ignition system upgrade might help you a little but you probably aren't going to feel it.

Id look into a multispark box from Crane of MSD or one of those companies.

Those "aftermarket" MAF sensors are for the most part a rip-off. There are better ways to tspend 3 bills.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.