Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Hotrodders and I have a question regarding my Singer 111W155. I ran it backwards by hand and didn't realize that it would jam the machine. There is thread under the bobbin case and I can't figure out how to get out the case in order to remove the thread. I removed the throat plate and the "C" shaped piece that is held in by two small screws but it still doesn't pop up and come out. Is there an additional screw(s) that need to be removed?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have one of those i just picked up not to long ago as well...Im Sure the GURU will chime in and help you out pretty soon...

Dan knows everything about these old machines and is a huge help.
Good luck with it n Welcome Deb

·
6,734 Posts
I'm new to Hotrodders and I have a question regarding my Singer 111W155. I ran it backwards by hand and didn't realize that it would jam the machine. There is thread under the bobbin case and I can't figure out how to get out the case in order to remove the thread. I removed the throat plate and the "C" shaped piece that is held in by two small screws but it still doesn't pop up and come out. Is there an additional screw(s) that need to be removed?
You're almost there. Take out the throat plate and it will come right out. The throat plate has a little slot that a tang on the bobbin case fits into. You will have to turn the bobbin case to release it once the throat plate is out. Look at post #5 in this thread: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/just-bought-consew-226-testing-etc-180941.html

·
6,734 Posts
Yes, you're right, it is out in the picture. The throat plate is right under the foot. Now you need to turn the bobbin case counterclockwise to get it to come out of the hook assembly. If it's really jammed up, that may be hard to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I will try that later today. I gently tried to rotate it but it didn't turn so I tried to lift it straight up and it wouldn't come out. I'll try turning it counter clockwise a little harder.

·
6,734 Posts
You might have to tap it with a small hammer to get it to move. There is a ridge on the bobbin case that rides in a groove in the hook assembly. If there's thread under the case, it pushes up on the bobbin case and wedges it so that it can't hardly turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts