Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just came across this forum in my search for an answer to a question I have about my 211 U166. I see there are some very knowledgeable contributors and hoping you might help.
My machine seems to work fine. I keep it well lubricated and clean. The problem I have is that when I adjust the stitch length it seems that turning the pulley forwards or backwards + or - often adjusts the stitch in the opposite way one would expect. Sometimes it simply will not turn + if I want a bigger stitch so I have to turn it - and that achieves the desired result. Other times the opposite happens. The pulley seems a bit stiff. I looked under the bed and I can see where the locking pin engages and the shaft moves in relation to the cam. I’m thinking something might be lose. I have studied the 211 service manual but it doesn’t say how to dismantle this part. Does anyone have any idea about what’s happening here? What is frustrating about this is I cannot mark the pulley and know that by returning to this mark I will always get a desired stitch length. That would be good when I’m doing a particular job and then another. Thank you for reading this. Great forum you have here!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts