Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im building a small block 355(350 bored .030 over) w/ a set of 10:1 Speed Pro hyperutectic flat top pistons.A set of iron vortec heads w/ 2.02/1.60 valves with bowl work.A Doug Herbert Perfomance solid cam 2500-7000 rpm .518/.536 lift [email protected] .50 244/252 106 lobe seperation.Which intake will work best between a single or dual plane with the combo listed.THANKS!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am no engine expert more trial and error. The single plane intakes work better at higher rpm (5000 plus). The dual plane is better on the low end and would my choice for a daily driver. Just my 2 cents worth.

Kurt

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Goldmouth85 said:
Im building a small block 355(350 bored .030 over) w/ a set of 10:1 Speed Pro hyperutectic flat top pistons.A set of iron vortec heads w/ 2.02/1.60 valves with bowl work.A Doug Herbert Perfomance solid cam 2500-7000 rpm .518/.536 lift [email protected] .50 244/252 106 lobe seperation.Which intake will work best between a single or dual plane with the combo listed.THANKS!
That's enough cam to run an Edelbrock Super Victor, IMHO. More than enough to use an RPM intake w/spacer, if you need to retain more bottom end.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pretty healthy build-up.....

You could definately go the single plane route. With that camshaft I HOPE you got plenty of gear! IF you do then that will take care of any loss of low end power that may happen running the single plane.Although.....single plane manni's work pretty good on the street with a SBF.
6sally6

·
Registered
80 Posts
Goldmouth85 said:
What do you plan do with the motor?

Go with a dual plane air gap edelbrock. You will not be disappointed. *ALMOST* the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Goldmouth85 said:
Well I plan to do maybe a little street racing and taken it to the strip to have a lil fun with the car on the weekends!
What I would do is port match the intake manifold to your heads, and get .5-1.5 inch spacer for a RPM air gap edelbrock. It might be a little more time consuming than getting a single plane intake, but it will be worth it.

Oh if you will be running nitrous, defiantly go with a single plane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.