Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hav a 1932 ford window coulpe it has twin wipers on it im thinking of puttin single wiper on the front (im from uk and only 16 ive had the car 6 mounths) i said that cus u dont c 2 maney hot rods in ik so what do u think it would look loke and how would go bot doin i think i got a rough idea is this right. put a cap over one hole or fill it and get a longer wiper blade and arm and fit it is that right reaply a/s/a/p

·
8,453 Posts
I use a single two speed electric wiper motor over the driver's window in my Willys. The motor is the one you see in all the accessory supplier's catalogs. I think it was originally designed for CJ Jeeps. I just leave the shaft sticking out and keep the wiper arm and blade under the seat of my car with the proper allen wrench to put it on if needed. Haven't used it in 5 years, but then I live in Bakersfield where the average annual rainfall is 5"/yr.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Matt your pretty lucky, even in the US you don't see many 16yr olds driving a '32 ford!

correct me if I'm wrong you want to only use one bade for the entire window? If this is correct your idea won't work (DOH!) UNLESS you mount the motor in the center of the top of the window frame, but it will minimize the drivers visability greatly. If you intent to go forth with this idea look for a trashed mercades with the one wiper and take its motor and fabricate your own blade. The wipers move in a pattern so they can reach the entire windsheild without hitting the frame of goig off the side of the frame. To me they are annoying as hell, but if thats what you want to do go for it. If you need anymore help let me know.

HK

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Check into some of the ricers. I believe they have a conversion to one wiper in the center. Either that or head to the junkyard and snag one off the rear of some vehicle. You may have to search around for the proper length wiper arm. I would also think making the mount for it at the proper angle would be a small challenge unless you know a machinist.

Kevin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hav done it went out brought a new wiper arm wich covers the hole window screen (just fits)
i i droped the motor out off the one thats now in my garage where the old hole was i hav but a cap on it so if i ever want 2 change it bac just take off the cap thanxs 4 info (o yeah cant even c the cap blends in pretty good)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts